NEW EXAMINATION REQUIREMENTS (FROM 2020) CENTRAL ENTRANCE EXAMINATION 2 AND CENTRAL ENTRANCE EXAMINATION 3:
Examination requirements ZAP 2 (Kurzgymnasium, HMS)
The Central Entrance Examination 2 applies to the transfer from secondary school to the Kurzgymnasium and the Handelsmittelschule.
The entrance examination is based on the curriculum 21 of the Canton of Zurich at the end of the 1st semester of the 2nd secondary class.
Examination requirements ZAP 3 (BM, FMS, IMS)
The Central Entrance Examination 3 applies to the transition from secondary school to the Berufsmaturitätsschule, the Fachmittelschule and the Informatikmittelschule.
The entrance examination is based on the curriculum 21 of the Canton of Zurich at the end of the 1st semester of the 3rd secondary class.
The skills to be tested in German are writing a text, text comprehension and language observation.
The Duden "Rechtschreibung" or the dictionary "Schweizer Schülerduden Rechtschreibung", which is used in secondary schools, are permitted as aids for the examination part "Writing a text".
The skills to be tested are the compulsory subject matter of secondary school at the end of the 3rd semester of secondary school at ZAP 2 and at the end of the 5th semester of secondary school at ZAP 3.
Permitted aids permitted are pocket calculators and construction tools (compass, geometry triangle, scale) approved by the Bildungsdirektion.
New regulations on admission to Maturitätsschulen valid from 2020
- For the Kurzgymnasium, the previous performance (grades in the school report) of the January report will again be taken into account appropriately. German, Maths (including geometry), French, English and natural sciences. The six areas of "work and learning behaviour" are now included. The five main subjects, as well as the six areas of "work and learning behaviour", will be calculated at one sixth.
- ZAP 2 (Kurzgymnasium, HMS) and ZAP 3 (BMS, FMS, IMS) take place in the same week. For learners who don't find an apprenticeship until after the examination date, the examination takes place in June.
- The access to the Central Entrance Exams is granted to students who attend secondary level A, secondary level B and who can produce a written recommendation from the class teacher or attend a private school.
- Oral examinations will be abolished.
- The examination subjects are German and Maths with a share of 50% of the examination grade each. French is no longer considered an examination subject.
- For the occupation-oriented entrance examinations (ZAP3 and HMS), an average of 4.5 is planned and for the Kurzgymnasium, 4.75 is required to pass the entrance examination..